Under Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF)
MAEF offers proposals for the execution of “Seekho aur Kamao” scheme for training courses with an alignment to National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) and Common Norms under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The scheme would target at enhancing the skills of minority youth in the various modern/ traditional vocations depending on their present economic trends, educational qualification and the market potential, which can earn them a suitable employment or make them properly proficient to go for self-employment.
Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) under Ministry of Minority Affairs, is dedicated to fulfil education and skill development requirements of marginalized sections of minority communities, i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains in the country.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To scale back percent of minorities throughout the 14th Finance Commission
- To preserve and update fashionable and ancient skills of minorities and verify their linkages with the task market.
- To enhance job opportunities of existing staff, school dropouts, etc. and ensure their placement.
- To originate higher sustenance for marginalized minorities and convey them within the thought.
- To enable minorities to avail chances within the increasing market.
- To determine capable human resource for the country.
Benefits of the Scheme
- The scheme should be enforced for the advantage of the 6 (six) notified minority communities under the National Commission for Minorities Act 1992 (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains).
- The scheme may be resumed anyplace within the country, however priority are provided to organizations that aim at conferring coaching and recommend the program for known minority concentration districts/towns / blocks.
- All Program Implementing Agencies (PIAs) must have ‘Letter of Registration (LoRs).
- The coaching programs are as per the courses licensed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) or any Agency specified by NSDC.
- The training programs ought to incorporate soft skills coaching, basic english coaching, basic IT coaching and alternative skills in step with demand set by MoMA/MAEF.
- Regular internal evaluations should be conducted by the agency, details of internal assessment along side sample answer sheets ought to be submitted to the MAEF often.
The agency ought to be enrolled as a Public Limited Company/ Private Limited Company/ Society/ Trust/ Government institution/ Public Sector Undertaking/ Partnership Firm/ NGO/ University. The appropriate registration/ incorporation certificate of the agency ought to be submitted with the proposal.
Agencies submitting their suggestions for establishment as Project Implementing Agency (PIA) ought to be registered on the portal of NITI Aayog.
The agency ought to are active and operational ceaselessly anyplace within the country for a minimum of 3 years as on 30th september, 2019.
The agency ought to have a complete turnover of Rs. 2.00 Crore or more within the past 3 consecutive years (FY2016-17 2017-18 & 2018 -19). The agency is needed to submit a replica of audited financials for the last 3 years together with Certificate for Turnover of the organization issued by the Chartered Accountant.
The agency ought to have trained atleast two hundred trainees in annually for three years and have provided placement to not but seventy fifth of total trained in last 3 years. The main points ought to be volumed by the agency.
• Agency is needed to submit details of skill development coaching centers settled within the State/UT of India, that are functional/ operational as on date of application.
• Joint Venture (JV)/ Association won’t be permissible to submit the proposal for empanelment.
• The Agency can make sure that spare area, furniture, equipment, tools, training aids, raw material, electricity, water supply and alternative necessities needed for imparting coaching to beneficiaries within the proposed course(s) are available at training locations.
Documents Required for Seekho Aur Kamao
- Incorporation Certificate / Registration Certificate.
- Pan card.
- Last 3 year Audit Balance Sheet.
- Last 3 year ITR.
- CA Certificate.
- Letter head.
- Bank details of organization/cancelled cheque.
- SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) Person Details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1. Which ministry offers the Seekho Aur kamao scheme?
Ans.:- The Central Government’s ‘Seekho Aur Kamao’ scheme was commenced in 2013-14 by the Ministry of Minority Affairs for skill development of the minority communities, including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains.
Q-2. Who will be benefitted from ‘Learn and Earn’ scheme?
Ans.:- The scheme is executed for the advantage of the 6 notified minority communities under the National Commission for Minorities Act 1992 (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains).
Q-3. What grants are available for minorities?
Ans.:- These well-known organizations administer grant and scholarship programs for ethnic minority students.
- United Negro College Fund progresses education for African American students within scholarships and other aid programs.
- Hispanic College Fund.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- American Indian College Fund.
Q-4. What will be the duration of the proposal submission of the scheme?
Ans.:- Proposals may be submitted by post/ by-hand to ‘The Secretary & CEO’, Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF), Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi – 110055 latest by 11 November, 2019 till 1800 hrs.
Note :- Seekho Aur Kamao (Learn & Earn) – A unique scheme initiated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs with a purpose to enhance the abilities of the minority youths in several modern/traditional professions relying upon their current economic trends, academic qualification and also the market potential, which is able to build them skillful to reinforce their employability.