Saksham Jharkhand Kaushal Vikas Yojana (SJKVY) is a special implementation by the Government of Jharkhand with an aim to enhance the employability of the youth and enable them to participate in the economic growth of Jharkhand and India.
Objectives of the Scheme
The main objectives of Jharkhand Skill Development Mission Society ( JSDMS ) are:
- To enhance the employability of the youth to diminish poverty, unemployment, under-employment and socio-economic inequality.
- To ensure skill development training to the youth of the State.
- To establish entrepreneurial skills and self-employment for youths of Jharkhand.
- To help in formation of an enabling environment to draw investment in professional and skill development sector.
- To help the State Government in articulating appropriate policy, legislations and/or measures to meet the skill gap.
- To encourage and perform, on its own or on behalf of the State Government, activities to create awareness, study and research on skill demand.
- To enhance the skill training facility in the state of Jharkhand.
Benefits Of JSDMS
The benefits of the scheme are as follows:-
- The scheme offers employability skills to a broad range of learner groups – school dropouts, Class X/XII pass-outs, polytechnic pass-outs, ITI, engineering, general graduates, and other professional course graduates.
- Wherever sufficient land and building is available within the campus of academic colleges and technical/ vocational institutions, priority will be given to develop mega skill centers in an independent building.
- A competency based skill development system creates a pile of modules to achieve a level of skills, knowledge and competency that will result in employment.
- Government of Jharkhand will promote formation of local entrepreneur base who are willing to perform serious and committed business for skill development.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1. What will be the eligibility criteria of the Bidder?
Ans.:- The following are the eligibility criteria of the bidder :-
- An eligible Bidder must be a legal entity in the form of Partnership Firm / Proprietorship Firm / Private Limited Company / LLP/ Public Limited Company / Company registered under the sec 25/Society / Association / Trust / Educational Institution.
- At the time of issuing Contract/Work Order, the Bidder must be affiliated with the National Skill Development Corporation (“NSDC”) or the Sector Skill Council (“SSC”) for the relevant sector(s) or any other certifying agencies performing NSQF compliant courses. We will need NSDC/SSC affiliation before issuing the contract/work Order.
- An eligible Bidder must not have been rejected by any State Government/ Central Government / Donor Agency.
Q-2. What are the documents required for RFP (Request For Proposal)?
Ans.:- The following are the annexes attached as a part of the RFP:
- Format for Covering Letter for the Proposal
- Format for Affidavit on not being blacklisted
- Format for Bidder Details
- Format for Financial Capability Statement
- Format for Training and Placement Record (all-India)
- Format for Training and Placement Record (Jharkhand)
- Format for Assembly Constituency Area and Sector Preferences for Empanelment
- Tie-ups for On-the-Job Training or Apprenticeship (OJT) List
- Tie-ups with Placement Agencies for post training placement
- Format for Board Resolution for Proposal Submission
- Format for Authorization for signing of Proposal & Other Documents
- Format – Bank Guarantee for Bid Security
- Format – Agreement
- Pre-Bid Queries Format
Q-3. What should be the validity of the Proposals?
Ans.:- The Proposals must be valid for a period of not less than 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the Proposal due date. The validity of Proposals may be extended by mutual agreement of JSDMS and the Bidders.
Q-4. What will be the eligibility criteria of the candidates?
Ans.:- The following are the eligibility criteria of the applicants :-
- The target beneficiaries for the Saksham Jharkhand Kaushal Vikas Yojana are the youth of Jharkhand in the age group of 18-35 years.
- Persons who have experienced skill development training under any State or Central Government program/scheme in the past and are still unemployed may be considered for mobilization, but persons who have received training within the past one year should perfectly not be involved in this conduct.
- Applicants enlisting for a trade should fulfil the minimum qualification of the trade as instructed by the concerned Sector Skill Council (SSC).
NOTE :- Saksham Jharkhand Kaushal Vikas Yojana (SJKVY) – A special initiation by the Government of Jharkhand with a target to upgrade the employability of the youth and enable them to participate in the economic growth of Jharkhand and India.