Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM) is a special scheme initiated by the State Government with an aim to empower the youth in the state to take part in the economic and the overall growth of the state and the country at large. HSDM’s main vision is to be a specialized authority to provide quality, skill training and professional knowledge to the youth to improve their job opportunities and bridge the skill deficiency with a view to fulfil flourishing market demand for skilled manpower.
HSDM established in May 2015 is mandated by the Government of Haryana to design and conduct skill development schemes across the state. HSDM is working into incorporating the efforts of several state departments towards obtaining the skill development goal of the state. HSDM already has 80+ courses across 15+ sectors made accessible to the youth of Haryana through its schemes, which are as follows:
- SURYA: Skilling Upskilling Re-Skilling Youth and Assessment.
- PMKVY-CSSM: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikash Yojna (Centrally Sponsored State Managed).
- CoE: Centre of Excellence.
- Saksham Yuva Training.
- Driver’s Training.
The mission also has entrepreneurship schemes currently being executed through Shri Vishwakarma Skill University (SVSU). Prepared with a team of specialists and skilled training partners, each program is executed with the view of developing innovative skills and thereby allowing the employment and entrepreneurship.
The Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM) offers proposals from renowned private engineering colleges/Universities/Polytechnics/ITIs having a verified track record for interested to enlist with HSDM as training providers for execution of Saksham Yuva Skilling initiatives of HSDM and for aspirational district.
Eligibility Criteria of HSDM
- Private Engineering/ Universities/Polytechnics/ITIs must have not been blacklisted by any State Government/ Central Government/ any competent authority/Regulatory body of the Government Of India.
- The enlistment of training providers must be based on assessment of the technical and financial ability of Bidders.
- Bidders selected for enlistment according to this RFP (Request For Proposal) may be assigned work to provide skills training in Haryana. Costing of approved work shall be determined in correspondence with the common regulations notified by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) or as notified by HSDM from time to time.
- The Private Engineering/ Universities/Polytechnics/ITIs has to obey the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of HSDM and relevant schemes norms (as amended from time to time).
- Any regulatory necessity from AICTE/UGC for operating the vocational/skill program is the accountability as per Clause No. 6.25 of consent of extension handbook 2019/20 of AICTE by the institutes.
The proficient training partners eligible under the above categories can apply on a monthly basis and selection process will be carried out as per the process defined in this RFP. The bidders who have already enlisted under HSDM should not apply again.
Benefits of HSDM Scheme
The Mission targets to concentrate, coordinate and provide quality skill training to youth to make them self-sufficient and to improve their job opportunities. It will also overcome the skill deficiency with a view to fulfil growing market demands locally and globally for skilled manpower.
The mission will also promote women empowerment with an aim to deliver skill training and entrepreneurship to about 10,000 women in next two years.
HSDM having 80+ courses across 15+ sectors made accessible to the youth of Haryana through its schemes, which are as follows:
• SURYA: Skilling Upskilling Re-Skilling Youth and Assessment.
• PMKVY-CSSM: Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikash Yojna (Centrally Sponsored State Managed).
• CoE: Centre of Excellence.
• Saksham Yuva Training.
• Driver’s Training.
Other Schemes are as follows:-
- Seekho – Sikhaao (Training of Trainers) :-
Vision: To implement and design programs targeted at the reinforcing and updating the proficiencies of teachers/ trainers working in vocational and technical education institutions, community colleges and skill development centers.
- S-Mart (Skill Mart) :-
Vision: To provide tailor made programs for the industries.
- DAKSHA (Dissemination of Applied Knowledge and Skill in Haryana):-
Vision: To provide expert guidance/ consultation/ skill trainings to the youth of Haryana under the different skill development schemes executed by other State Departments on their requests.
The empanelment process shall be done as follows:
- Private Engineering Colleges/ Universities approved by AICTE and UGC.
- Affiliation of Private Polytechnics Colleges by Haryana State Board of Technical Education (HSBTE).
- Affiliation of Private ITIs by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT).
- Private Engineering Colleges.
- Private Colleges/ Universities.
- Private ITIs Colleges.
- Private Polytechnics Colleges.
Under this category all the Private Engineering Colleges/ Universities/Polytechnics/ITIs who have physical framework available in Haryana can only apply. The universities/colleges must have physical infrastructure available for the yearned job roles within the campus. HSDM will give the priority to unused institutions/colleges/universities having the right framework in the state of Haryana. The institutions/colleges/universities will have to develop the industry links and previous placement records to HSDM during the submission of this RFP document.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1. What is the duration of the HSDM project?
Ans.:- The agency will be enlisted for 3 years subject to annual renewal of certification on the SMART Portal as per guidelines and rules of accreditation or any further circular orders issued by the MD, HSDM.
Q-2. Who are eligible for proposal submission?
Ans.:- Only the interested Private Engineering Colleges/universities/ITIs/Polytechnics satisfying eligibility terms as stated above can submit their detailed proposal through E-Tendering for enlistment of Private Engineering Colleges/Universities/ITIs/Polytechnics as Training Provider with Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM), Panchkula on or before 30/09/2019 at 10:00 AM.
Q-3. Who can be benefitted from this scheme?
Ans.:- The youth of the state will be benefitted from this scheme. The scheme targets to converge, coordinate and provide quality skill training to youth to make them self-sufficient and to enhance their employability. The mission will also promote women empowerment with an aim to deliver skill training and entrepreneurship to about 10,000 women in next two years.
Q-4. What is the Tender Cost & Proposal Processing Fees?
Ans.:- The applicants have to submit a non-refundable tender cost of Rs. 50,000/- and proposal processing fee of Rs. 25,000/-. This must be paid through demand draft payable to ‘Haryana Skill Development Mission’ payable at Panchkula, drawn on any scheduled commercial bank and must accompany with covering letter in the cover of the Proposal Document.
Note :- Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM) – A special scheme implemented by the State Government with a target to enable the youth in the state to take part in the economic and the overall growth of the state and the country at large.